 General / 25461
Re: Confessions of a LEGO Maniac
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 19 Dec 2000 23:43:58 GMT

In lugnet.general, Tom Boucher writes:
OK.   This is rather odd but I'm just wondering if I'm doing OK in the head
here or I've just not grown up and don't know it.

Your story sounds like mine. I'm 30. Last year I got an 8459 and that was it.
Since then I've accumulated 90% of the Lego Technic collection and since I'm
almost done with that theme I switched to 9v Trains and recently Pirates. Every
other day before I go to bed I start a drooling session where I pick one of the
numerous sets that are all over the place and I play with it for a good half
hour. My reading before sleep is the lego catalog (new and old ones). I think
this is just great that we can, for a moment, forget about the rat race of
living and get into our world. To finish I would say you don't get old when you
age you get old when you behave like you are old. Just keep playing.

Eric