 Gaming / BrikWars / 326
Re: The steampunk skiff 'Egregious'
Newsgroups:
lugnet.gaming.brikwars
Date:
Sun, 1 Jul 2007 09:50:21 GMT

In lugnet.gaming.brikwars, Shaun Sullivan wrote:
   Loosely inspired by some gorgeous SW Sail Barge MOCs on Brickshelf, NELUG’s latest [1] Brikwars game featured a steampunk skiff battle set above the desolate Kar’Zuba desert. Every skiff represented a Trading Guild, and upon arrival at the outskirts of a potential market town each captain decided to try and “thin the competition” a bit.

My contribution to the fight was the Egregious, a Dragonfly-Class Torpedo Gunboat. Its steam powerplant (located in a protective cast-iron bathtub within the hull) powers three heavy-lift main rotors, as well as a pair of outboard steam-turbine-driven manuevering props.

The game, by the way, was great. We played for about 10 hours (!) and had a pretty clear victor (Wayne) by the end. 6 skiffs entered the fray, and there was every form of battle imaginable: gunfire, ramming, boarding actions, hand-to-hand. Even the dreaded Sandworms of Kar’Zuba got into the action, gorging on troopers abaonding their skiffs as they went down. Photos of the game itself can be seen here.

-Shaun

Is there a article available describing the battle in detail? I am also interested in this type of gaming, being a fan of Space:1889. I even did some British troops and a mini-Aphid:

Now I want to expan my Aphid, any suggestions?

-- Don GtwLUG Lugnet#1239 St. Louis