 Gaming / BrikWars / 318
Re: The steampunk skiff 'Egregious'
Newsgroups:
lugnet.gaming.brikwars
Date:
Mon, 25 Jun 2007 15:06:18 GMT

In lugnet.gaming.brikwars, Timothy Gould wrote:

That’s rather incredibly cool. I particularly like how it’s quite ‘realistic’ within its own logic:

Thanks! That was one of the aspects that I enjoyed the most - trying to rationalize “how it worked” as it was being built.

   the grilles over the fans,

The trick is not to crew your Dragonfly-class Torpedo Gunboats with women wearing Victorian hoop skirts.

   The split hull construction is particularly effective. It’s probably a good way of doing boat hulls too.

That’s actually where I started with this technqiue. I’ve been plugging away on a WWII ship for a couple years now, and have half the hull of Blackbeard’s Queen Anne’s Revenge done in this same style. Who knows if they’ll ever get finished, but I’m pleased with how the method works.

Thanks again.