 Gaming / BrikWars / 322
Re: The steampunk skiff 'Egregious'
Newsgroups:
lugnet.gaming.brikwars
Date:
Mon, 25 Jun 2007 17:36:24 GMT

In lugnet.gaming.brikwars, Jonathan Lopes wrote:
   This is also a great example in my book of how to use the two different browns together. The two different tones add so much to this.

I like the effect also. It became apparent very early on that I would send myself to the madhouse if I insisted on using a single color only - and that assumes that I even had the pieces I needed in the right color. When building the deck and hull I instead employed a philosophy of “grab the nearest piece needed as long as it’s brown, reddish-brown, or black”. IMHO the result looks a little ragtag or patchwork, but not enough to detract from the military bearing of the skiff. Maybe I should dub the effect “lovingly worn”?

Thanks for the comments!

Shaun