 Gaming / BrikWars / 320
Re: The steampunk skiff 'Egregious'
Newsgroups:
lugnet.gaming.brikwars
Date:
Mon, 25 Jun 2007 17:25:35 GMT

Thanks for the comments and feedback Ted.

In lugnet.gaming.brikwars, Ted Godwin wrote:
   [snip]

A very minor quibble: Lots of dials are great but where are all the control levers and wheels and such? Two seems like too few. (Nice use of the door for decking/engine hatch though.)

[snip]

I think that’s a fair criticism. If I lived in a steampunk economy I’d definitely invest in dials, gauges and levers. Unfortunately I had a tough time figuring out how to cram in more controls abovedeck. Maybe I should try mounting a few levers on the hatch itself? I’ll have to think on that one.

My concession was to cram a few more controls around the steam boiler. It’s hard to see but there’s another manual wheel just forward of the boiler door, and the lever/handle on the door itself.

Even so, I’d love to jam some more controls around the pilothouse.

Thanks again,

Shaun