 Gaming / BrikWars / 316
Re: The steampunk skiff 'Egregious'
Newsgroups:
lugnet.gaming.brikwars
Date:
Mon, 25 Jun 2007 13:52:37 GMT

In lugnet.gaming.brikwars, Shaun Sullivan wrote:
   Loosely inspired by some gorgeous SW Sail Barge MOCs on Brickshelf, NELUG’s latest [1] Brikwars game featured a steampunk skiff battle set above the desolate Kar’Zuba desert. Every skiff represented a Trading Guild, and upon arrival at the outskirts of a potential market town each captain decided to try and “thin the competition” a bit.

My contribution to the fight was the Egregious, a Dragonfly-Class Torpedo Gunboat. Its steam powerplant (located in a protective cast-iron bathtub within the hull) powers three heavy-lift main rotors, as well as a pair of outboard steam-turbine-driven manuevering props.

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=261935 http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/sullis3/BRIKWARSGAMES/SkiffFight/Egregious/egregious04.jpg

--snip--

-Shaun

[1] For the record books, this was NELUG’s 34th Brikwars game - and that doesn’t include some games we’ve put on for public events such as Ourcon 17 (Amherst, MA) and Brick Blast (Middlebury, VT).

That’s rather incredibly cool. I particularly like how it’s quite ‘realistic’ within its own logic: the grilles over the fans, the cannnon balls, the equipment. Most excellent steampunk.

The split hull construction is particularly effective. It’s probably a good way of doing boat hulls too.

Tim