 Gaming / 423
Re: Brickfest 2000 Pirate Game Postmortem
Newsgroups:
lugnet.gaming
Date:
Tue, 20 Jun 2000 22:08:24 GMT

In lugnet.fun.gaming, Frank Filz writes:

Steve Jackson wrote in message ...

Darn, I have just GOT to make it to a Brickfest sometime . . . or maybe try • to
host a Piratefest here in Austin. Wonder how many people would come to Austin
just for a weekend of brick-trading and Arrrrr!  ??

Oh I'd think about coming. I'd have to fly, and thus wouldn't be able to bring • much, but it would be fun.

Frank

Arr!  Having faced the amassed fleet of Capt'n Stevie before, I can safely say
that ye won't be needing ta' bring anything but lots of caffinated beverages!

As a survivor of the 12 hour battle during Radcon '98, I'd love to face of with
the likes of Admiral Derek of the Imperial Navy again!  He may have lost the
fort to ship battle, but I was the only scurvy dog left on my (class 6) ship!
Not to mention that outbreak of UPS-plague that claimed the lives (at least for
the weekend) of over 700 minifigs!  The horror!

I'd be on a plane in no time to gather with other pirate/lego-philes!  One
question though.  Could it be in the fall/winter-ish time so those of us from
the great off-white north (like Seattle) could survive the Texas sun?

-The Mad Pirate Sean