 Gaming / 336
Re: Ships needed for Brickfest pirate game!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.gaming, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.org.us.wamalug
Date:
Wed, 7 Jun 2000 00:26:10 GMT

   Frank et al,

   My move is now complete, except for the "unpacking" phase,
   which I currently dread.  As one might expect I am now in
   the "I own too much LEGO" phase as I nurse my aching back.
   However, _Gloire_ survived the move without even so much
   as a broken spar (I made a special trip where she had a
   quarter of the moving van's bed to herself), and I'm starting
   to set up shop in my new place--the workshop has taken over
   half of the apartment, which was expected; my boxed sets
   now occupy a storage unit.

In lugnet.fun.gaming, Frank Filz writes:
I haven't gotten as far on building stuff as I wanted, and we've got a
couple local gatherings going on (Martin Legault is down here in Raleigh
NC this week).

We could especially use some smaller ships, I have built the 4 copies of
the cutter from 6277 that I have (yea - I have 3 copies of 6277 plus got
a mixed lot which happened to have a 4th complete cutter). I will try
and build some cutters tonight, and maybe also a brig or two or three
(10 wide ship). I'll also try and retrofit some of my existing ships
with the right number of cannon.

   I have four copies of 6280, and two 6271 hulls; if you
   wish I can take apart my ironclad and rebuild some small
   12-wide 1- or 2-midsection ships.

I also didn't get around to building my pirate base, so if someone wants
a try at something like that, that would be neat (though we can always
use 6273 which I do have built).

I have a 6276 and a 6277 built up to provide a couple imperial type
instalations.

   Although I have those three 6277/6 baseplates, I have no
   installations yet; should I bring the plates anyhow?  (I'm
   not averse to (shudder) taping my name underneath them.  I
   may also have my mother pin my mittens to my coat...er, not
   really.)  I was considering building some kind of island or
   small unfortified port-of-call, but because I've just moved
   I'm not entirely sure if I'll have the time.

   Given that I have a minimum of time, Frank, how would you
   like me to prioritise my construction?

I'll probably bring a fair bit of my parts so I can build like mad on
Friday (if I get rolling pretty quick, I may make it up by 2:00 PM).

   I'm going to be there around 4 or 5pm, I hope.  I will have
   to leave for a short time on Saturday to go pick up my NLSO
   (who is coming in from Boston by air and will be museuming
   while I'm blowing people's ships to bits).

   By the way, any Brickfesters have extra black ratlines (from
   5988) that I might obtain in trade there?  I'm desperate for
   some to replace those anemic threads on _Gloire_.

   best

   Lindsay