 Gaming / 310
Re: Ships needed for Brickfest pirate game!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.gaming, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.org.us.wamalug
Date:
Mon, 5 Jun 2000 18:45:47 GMT

Stephen F Roberts wrote:

Frank Filz <ffilz@mindspring.com> wrote:

I haven't gotten as far on building stuff as I wanted, and we've got a
couple local gatherings going on (Martin Legault is down here in Raleigh
NC this week).

We could especially use some smaller ships, I have built the 4 copies of
the cutter from 6277 that I have (yea - I have 3 copies of 6277 plus got
a mixed lot which happened to have a 4th complete cutter). I will try
and build some cutters tonight, and maybe also a brig or two or three
(10 wide ship). I'll also try and retrofit some of my existing ships
with the right number of cannon.

I also didn't get around to building my pirate base, so if someone wants
a try at something like that, that would be neat (though we can always
use 6273 which I do have built).

I have a 6276 and a 6277 built up to provide a couple imperial type
instalations.

I'll probably bring a fair bit of my parts so I can build like mad on
Friday (if I get rolling pretty quick, I may make it up by 2:00 PM).

Anyone who doesn't have much in the way of pirate bits, and will be
there early on Friday is welcome to come play with my parts!

...I've got a custom cutter modeled on the 6277 and put together 6274, 6280, 6289 (tho if
I have a few minutes this week, I want to expand 6289 to add an extra hull (bwahahaha!!)).
I don't have enuf cannon to really load them up correctly, but have done some improvising
with 1x1 rounds :-) I'll bring just about all my collection including some spare hull
pieces (2 10 wide front and back, 1 middle, 2 16 wide front and backs and 1 middle). And
I'll be there all day Friday.

Cannon is another thing people need not worry about. I have something
like 50 shooting cannon service packs (what can I say, back when I was
looking for people to swap 6716 parts with, I got an offer to get cannon
service packs from Italy, cost to me was about $5.25 per pack of two
cannon), plus a bag of about 20-30 cannon.

I'd leave the 6289 at 2 center sections. 6289 is the only stock ship
with 2 center sections.

...Good to hear you will be there early fridayish! I had penciled in a 'Pirate Demo' for
Friday afternoon (figgured I'd run a bit of it if you werent there yet). Just a chance to
familiarize people with the game and to tinker some :-)

Sounds like a good idea.

--
Frank Filz

Home: mailto:ffilz@mindspring.com