 Events / 1106
1105  |  1107
Subject:
Dear Australian AFOL's...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.events
Date:
Fri, 27 Feb 2004 10:45:07 GMT

Dear AFOL's...

We have this land... rather large, but little with population... still have to
wait ages in some lines, like in banks and at the post office, not to mention
supermarkets and at the beach on 40+ days and and and...

We have AFOL's and loads of Closet AFOL's, wanna-be AFOL's and children... come
on... I've seen you in the LEGO aisles in certain LEGO-carrying stores... I've
seen you in the streets and probably didn't even know, that deep down... you
were an AFOL at heart, under your bed is a wide range of LEGO, once used and
once loved... but the truth is, you'd really like to pull it out someday and
build, build, build... but what would your friends think? what would Mum and Dad
think??? what if you became addicted??? what would the dog think??? build him a
bone out those yukky old and gone funny coloured white bricks and he'll be ya
friend for life ;)...

But you get the picture, right? yeah? yeah?

But what am I really waffling on about, right? yeah? yeah?...

Look around... extend your eyeballs towards overseas events of the past, present
and the future... it's all happening, except here... of course with a few
exceptions such as these events done by LEGO etc... but what about something
bigger... with LEGO and the actual fans that keep LEGO AU in their jobs ;)  We
have LEGO in stores... the wonderful and glorious World Club mag to look forward
to 4 times a year... LEGO sales (the only thing to really keep us alive)... and
LEGO on the shelves... well kinda... and the odd show here or there... so what
are we to complain for??? We are soooo lucky ;) - close your eyes and we have it
all! us lucky buggers!!! (no, I'm not drunk)... Anyway, before I have to go out
and find a publisher (almost a novel), I'm going to dream here...

I'm going to dream of a large, exciting... all AFOL fans (and more), getting
in... arranging and helping out... sometime next year, since planning takes
yonks as well as waiting for people to reply ;) - somewhere central to most for
easy access... I want to see LEGO getting in and helping and any affiliated
companies... I want it to be so cool that international LEGO fans would want to
come along and enjoy the Aussie LEGO-expo type thingy... We'd have a huge famous
Aussie-style barbeque (Barbie, Mate :)) and loads of glorious MOCS and wonderful
models to look at (LEGO models, not women, sorry ;))... and and and... ok... I
woke up...

But, if all effort was put in... this could be more than just a dream... but an
actual event... I live to see the dream... now let's smell it!!!

Back to sleep...

Love,

       Mel

P.S sorry, no clones (or clowns) allowed ;)