 Events / 1105
1104  |  1106
Subject:
Pictures and Show report COLTC at GATS Cincinnati
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.town, lugnet.loc.us.oh
Date:
Wed, 25 Feb 2004 17:53:41 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

Last weekend COLTC participated at the Cincinnati GATS. We were given very little time to organize this, GATS called us just two weeks before the show, they wanted more layouts. Less than a handfull of members could attend, but we had just enough energy left after our home-town show just 2 weeks earlier, to do this one.

We set up a 10 x 30 foot layout, with a middle train yard. This made it easy to switch trains, and created a third train loop, some more running trains. All MOcs’ were packed in a van (with 4 persons), and a Jetta, pulling a small U-Haul trailer with tables and hardware. We could only bring a fraction of our last shows’ layout, and only two large MOCs’, but did manage to get some new MOCs’ in as well. We made a nice layout, the drive-in theater with wireless camera in the monorail was again a big hit, and we got lots of comment on the many details too, as well as on the size of the skyscapers.

We set up with only 4 people, in about 3.5 hours, seen the size of our layout, we did this relatively fast. The show went very well, many positive comments, including many from die-hard HO and N scale modelers.

We did not have much time to take pictures, but managed to get a few shots for the archive, click on the picture below to see the Brickshelf gallery.

Tear down went very fast, in under 2 hours, all was packed. All in all, we had a lot of fun, next show coming up soon, much bigger, and in our home-town of Columbus, OH (March 13-14).

Paul www.coltc.org