 Local / Australia / 11759
Re: Dear Australian AFOL's...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.events
Date:
Sat, 28 Feb 2004 09:37:01 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Jake McKee wrote:
   In lugnet.loc.au, Michael Dallaston wrote:
   In lugnet.loc.au, Melody Brown wrote: (A lot...)

Oh Mel, there just aren’t enough of us to fill the space... only about 30 or so by the last Roll Call :( So no Brickfest-type event for us unless we get more... and probably no interest from official dudes either :(

Hey, the Danish fan group is having their first Brickfest type event next month for about the same amount of people. Not trying to start a competition or anything, just sayin....

:)

So what do you mean, no interest from official dudes? I’m official, and I’m interested! But really, who cares? You do what you do because you love it, not because of what we think... right?

   So how do you spread the message? Well, I think public displays are the only way, stuff like the train shows. Are there more/other ways we can show our skillz off to the general public? Any other venues that would like a Lego display? No idea :P

Displays are terrific, of course, and you don’t have to do huge ones. I know tons of groups that do small 2 person displays as well as large, all club displays.

What about getting the word out via other Australian community sites? For instance, if you think that comic book fans in AUS would be interested, jump on a discussion board and point them to your Web site.

Or drop flyers in hobby shops, local toy stores, college campuses, etc.

OK, enough of my butting in now. :)

Jake

--- Jake McKee Community Liaison LEGO Community Development

Hello ALL!!

WOW - what an Idea - especially for next year! Could we possibly have timed this better? Now all you need to do for me is make it sometime in around schoolies so I have an excuse to go travelling!

This is a very exciting prospect, as as of next year, I have finished high school, and wouldn’t THIS be a present for finishing :)

not that I want the whole of the aussie AFOL community to change any plans just because of me - i’m only 16 (17 as of next year) and so am still susceptible to the will of the parents.

Oh, that reminds me - how many of you are members of this website:

http://afol.meetup.com/

?

Seems like a good way to coordinate LUG groups!

Btw, Carl, will there ever be another Adelugs?

Returning to lurk mode...

cheers,

Matt

Ever see a computer fly through windows? Me neither, unless you get really  mad at it :)