 Local / Australia / 11744
Re: Dear Australian AFOL's...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.events
Date:
Fri, 27 Feb 2004 16:37:06 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Michael Dallaston wrote:
In lugnet.loc.au, Melody Brown wrote:
(A lot...)

Oh Mel, there just aren't enough of us to fill the space... only about 30 or so
by the last Roll Call :(  So no Brickfest-type event for us unless we get
more... and probably no interest from official dudes either :(

Hey, the Danish fan group is having their first Brickfest type event next month
for about the same amount of people. Not trying to start a competition or
anything, just sayin....

:)

So what do you mean, no interest from official dudes? I'm official, and I'm
interested! But really, who cares? You do what you do because you love it, not
because of what we think... right?

So how do you spread the message?  Well, I think public displays are the only
way, stuff like the train shows.  Are there more/other ways we can show our
skillz off to the general public?  Any other venues that would like a Lego
display?  No idea :P

Displays are terrific, of course, and you don't have to do huge ones. I know
tons of groups that do small 2 person displays as well as large, all club
displays.

What about getting the word out via other Australian community sites? For
instance, if you think that comic book fans in AUS would be interested, jump on
a discussion board and point them to your Web site.

Or drop flyers in hobby shops, local toy stores, college campuses, etc.

OK, enough of my butting in now. :)

Jake

---
Jake McKee