 Color / 1151
Re: Not wanting to start rumors, but
Newsgroups:
lugnet.color
Date:
Wed, 6 Jul 2005 13:35:26 GMT

In lugnet.color, Christian Treczoks wrote:
"Heiner" from 1000steine mentioned in the discussion that the
Sandcrawler([TM] or whatever) sports a different kind/hue of tan.

Can anybody confirm/deny this? Or is this just an additional colour
instead of a replacement? Or ist this a mistake on Heiners side?

LEGO has been dumb enought to pull such a stunt before and shown how
little they care for their customers - and I don't want to be bitten
again in the middle of a large-scale project. So I thought I'd ask
before I spend my money on a few tenthousand bricks in a colour that may
or may not be available in a few months...

I've checked on this, and, as always, no - this is not a new color. There has
been no change in this color.

If you have a brick that seems to be a different color, please contact me
offline and I can arrange to get your "odd" brick to the QA department to ensure
there wasn't a problem with a production run somewhere.

The best solution when things like this come up is to contact Consumer Service
(http://www.lego.com/service). They can arrange replacement parts and facilitate
getting the questionable bricks to QA.

Jake
---