 Color / 1157
Re: Not wanting to start rumors, but
Newsgroups:
lugnet.color
Date:
Thu, 7 Jul 2005 12:49:41 GMT

In lugnet.color, Christian Treczoks wrote:

The best solution when things like this come up is to contact Consumer Service
(http://www.lego.com/service). They can arrange replacement parts and facilitate
getting the questionable bricks to QA.
Erm, not wanting to be picky, but just like they did with the knight
bus? Initially, nobody knew, and then, suddenly, its perfectly within
the quality limits and no reason whatsoever to return a botched product...

Yes, I know I sound horribly negative again, but it just comes with the
topic and how it has been handeled in the past.

What do you mean "nobody knew"? Our production folks and quality folks were well
aware of the issue by the time the AFOLs (and me) brought it up to them. It's
just that when it was brought to *me*, I didn't know about it. In a company of
thousands, I'm simply not able to keep up with absolutely every issue, project,
problem, and situation. My task isn't to know every single thing happening in
the company, it's to be able to find out what's happening.

That may sometimes give the impression that "the company" doesn't know anything,
but that's simply not true. The reality is that not ever colleague can keep up
with all the projects that every other colleague is working on. A big part of my
week is dedicated to sharing the activitites and achievements of the AFOL
community and the Community Development with the rest of the company, and there
are still people who I don't reach. That's just the nature of having any
organization the size of our company. Heck, that's the situation in an
organization the size of 2+ :)

Jake
---
Jake McKee