 Color / 1148
  Not wanting to start rumors, but

"Heiner" from 1000steine mentioned in the discussion that the Sandcrawler([TM] or whatever) sports a different kind/hue of tan. Can anybody confirm/deny this? Or is this just an additional colour instead of a replacement? Or ist this a mistake on (...) (19 years ago, 4-Jul-05, to lugnet.color)

  Re: Not wanting to start rumors, but

(...) More likely a new color. Or probably Cool Yellow. Tan, known inside TLG as Beige, has been locked. See here: (URL) I shure hope TLG is smart enuff to not pull off such a silly trick again. scott Frischmann. (19 years ago, 4-Jul-05, to lugnet.color)

  Re: Not wanting to start rumors, but

Scott Frischmann wrote: > More likely a new color. Or probably Cool Yellow. I thought they already had more than enough surplus colours? (...) Well, several people tried to get Jake or whomever at Lego to confirm that the mentioned "Beige" is indeed (...) (19 years ago, 5-Jul-05, to lugnet.color)

  Re: Not wanting to start rumors, but

(...) I've checked on this, and, as always, no - this is not a new color. There has been no change in this color. If you have a brick that seems to be a different color, please contact me offline and I can arrange to get your "odd" brick to the QA (...) (19 years ago, 6-Jul-05, to lugnet.color)

  Re: Not wanting to start rumors, but

(...) We recently had a chance to compare our color list with LEGO's official one, and these colors were absolutely verified by LEGO as correct translations: # Peeron Lego ===...=== 1 White White 5 Tan Brick Yellow/Beige 18 Flesh Nougat 21 Red (...) (19 years ago, 6-Jul-05, to lugnet.color)

  Re: Not wanting to start rumors, but

(...) Thank you very much, Dan! This list of confirmed colours is what quite a lot of people were waiting for. Let's hope the rest of the list will come soon. The thing that strikes me as quite amazing is that colours are stamped as "Universal" when (...) (19 years ago, 6-Jul-05, to lugnet.color)

  Re: Not wanting to start rumors, but

(...) That is good news indeed. So I already ordered 1700 jumper plates in tan and hope they mach the other bricks in the model ;-) (...) I'll forward that to Heiner (I did not buy that Sandcrawler, too much new brown in it). (...) Erm, not wanting (...) (19 years ago, 6-Jul-05, to lugnet.color)

  Re: Not wanting to start rumors, but

Jake, Does this mean we can ship back all our Knight's Bus purple and receive ONE SINGLE PURPLE color back in return? I only have maybe 2-5 of the set, but it sure would be nice if the purple was consistent. "Within acceptable tolerances" they are (...) (19 years ago, 7-Jul-05, to lugnet.color)

  Re: Not wanting to start rumors, but

(...) What do you mean "nobody knew"? Our production folks and quality folks were well aware of the issue by the time the AFOLs (and me) brought it up to them. It's just that when it was brought to *me*, I didn't know about it. In a company of (...) (19 years ago, 7-Jul-05, to lugnet.color)

  Re: Not wanting to start rumors, but

(...) Does this mean that (significant parts of) LEGO were fully aware of the colour problems of the Knight Bus when they shipped them? Usually, the AFOLdom is quite early when it comes to noticing problems, and this particular issue popped up in (...) (19 years ago, 7-Jul-05, to lugnet.color)