Re: Signature Characters
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle.org, lugnet.castle.org.cw
Date:
Sun, 2 Apr 2000 14:41:00 GMT

Shiri Dori wrote:

(Aside: shouldn't this whole thing be in .org.cw?  FU set there...)

In lugnet.castle.org, Cale Leiphart writes:
I also often have reasons behind my namings. For example, my character Kfir is
hebrew for lion... I'm actually rethinking that name, because Kfir himself is
NOT connected at all to the lion kingdom.

Well, it could be a name that's more symbolic than literal.  The lion is the
"King of the Beasts", and IIRC Kfir is an animal trainer of some kind, no? It
might be a bit of hubris to style himself after the King of the Beasts, even
if he's a very *good* trainer, but it's a possibility...

Because of the "King of the Beasts" symbolism, the lion is also often used as
a royal symbol.  Are you sure he's unconnected?  He might be an unacknowledged
illegitimate child, or the son or grandson of such a person...that would open
up all sorts of political possibilities, and it might even give him a reason
to support Scar in her quest for revenge...

Besides royalty, the lion is often used as a symbol for strength, so that
could be worked in as well.

sakura @ mediaone.net             Jeff Johnston              jeffj @ io.com
LEGO Page (Set Reviews & MOCs): http://people.ne.mediaone.net/sakura
Check out my Trade List and Want List - * - Last Updated 3/29/2000
LEGO Geek Code:  SP+ CA +++ (375/6075) PI +++ #++ S--/++ LS++ Hal  M+ A++  YB73m