 Castle / 6183
Re: Painting Lego (Was: More Dragons)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Sun, 24 Sep 2000 14:12:41 GMT

i have to stand up and be counted as a proponent of customizing. ;-)
check out my site, especially the "tips & techniques" page (which has a
recounting of my first dragon painting "incident")

http://community.webtv.net/craigo-lego/craigolegoindex

Actually, let me say this, being the grandson of a master craftsman.  It is
very possible to get a thin coat of pait from a can of krylon paint.  I know
because I've gotten one myself.  Your problem was you did not let the primer
cure for a long enough time.  Sure the white paint felt dry, but it wasn't.  It
was still chemically unstable.  Had you waited 24 hours, or better yet 48, the
Krylon would never have mixed and run with the primer.  Plus, you have to be
*VERY* careful when using spray paint on plastic.  If you spray paint on an
overly humid day (id say over 75%)  the paint will almost never dry.  Unless
you use a heat lamp or an equivlant.  Well, thats my two cents.

--Anthony