 Castle / 2291
Re: the Balladeers of Castle World
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Sun, 6 Feb 2000 04:32:14 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Jeff Stembel writes:
In lugnet.castle, Shiri Dori writes:
In lugnet.castle, Craig Hamilton writes:

that will have to wait for the map, i'm afraid. i have three spells so
far, mainly accomidating foor fast travel for characters through the realms.
all i'll say for now, is hang onto your revolving hidden door pieces and
time twister disks as these will be the pieces used in these particular
spells.  of course once we're up and running, more spells can be written and
added to the CW universal spellbook. every balladeer can write/ create any
kind of majicks he/ she likes in his/ her own realm, but i thought it would
be fun to have a few universal, inter-realm tricks to which all realms have
mutual access.

Cool! Transportation spells will be very important in this huge world... I
like the idea of having a spell book. Will it require a procedure, such
as "turn the revolving wall three times, light a torch, stand on the wall and
click your heels three times"? Will you have to show pics of that? ;-)

I'd like to see a "Castle World Grimoire" section on the website, to document
people's spells and magic items.  That would be a nice way to document all
available spells and items available for people to use.  Guess I'll have to get
working on spells and magical effects...

  just be sure to keep a few tricks up your sleeve! the CW Grimoire would
consist mainly of specific spells used in relation to the map, or somehow
tied to inter-realm travel. ~ spells everyone majickal can use.  i also like
the idea of giving majickal properties to lego elements that we all have or
can get cheap, and don't have that many alternate uses for anyway, such as
RDP's and the time twister disks. (no, i'm not telling what they do till the
map's up. couldn't explain it anyway.)

D'oh!  I just realized there is a cool spell we can't create!  Because we can't
get large quantities of clear tiles, no "Ice Sheet" spell!  Darn!

  well, exactly. if there was a predescribed ice spell, and you didn't have
the neccessary elements, your wizard would be out of luck. necessity is the
mother of invention, as we all know too well. thinking on this, 4 trans
light blue windsheilds could form an "ice" encasement around a 'fig pretty
nicely.

Jeff
http://members.xoom.com/aulddragon/

later ~ craig~