 Castle / 2303
Re: the Balladeers of Castle World
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Sun, 6 Feb 2000 22:48:35 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Jeff Johnston writes:
Karl Martinson wrote:
Another beef that I have is emblems. I think that everyone has the new • Knights
Kingdom sets, so Knights Kingdom figs could be the royalty. Someone (Pawel?)
could have the high King and Queen, while everyone elses figs are dukes,
lords, ladies.
I think that we can agree that the Fright Knight Embelm is the one for the
evil of the world, but ideas will conflict. Nebachaned (ne-ba-ka-ned) is my
lord of the Dark Forces. Someone else could have a completely different fig • as
the evil lord.

Actually, Karl, I think the intent is to have many *different* kingdoms
on the CW map, rather than have everyone operating in the same kingdom.
Thus Nebachaned could be threatening your area of Castle World, while
Arjan's Qaballah and Craig's Mephisto are Forces of Evil in other areas of
the world.  (Why is it that most of the 'bad guys' are all wizards, anyway?)

You do bring up a good point - remember that this is a *shared* world and
that we all need to cooperate.  So it would be a good idea if people did
*not* create characters that are 'The Supreme Ruler of All Evil' (unless
of course the creator realizes that they aren't *actually* the Supreme
Ruler of All Evil, and they're just claiming to be.)

AWWWWW, my story begins with the line : In a world of turmoil, a hero arises
from the depths of nowhere to claim the power betsowed upon him. A power that
will vanquish evil and reclaim the world!
:)jk
It is pretty nifty though :)
It looks like my stories are all gonna be teasers, explaining my huge cast of
character's backgrounds, with the real story on my personal page. Of course
that's all when i get a scanner and a webpage!

As for emblems - I think they're going to mean different things in
different realms. The Lions could be the 'bad guys' in one realm and the
Bat Lord and his followers the 'good guys'.  (Picture a sort of Robin-Hood
arrangement, where a young exiled Lord takes to the mountains vowing to
exact revenge for the murder of his parents...and to frighten his enemies,
he forges a metal mask in the shape of a bat, because "these petty lordlings
are a cowardly and superstitious lot..."  Legends arise about a monstrous
sword-weilding 'Bat Man' who preys upon the King's caravans...*)

Hmmmm, that's not a bad idea, Nebachaned still needs a background...
(he uses the batwing helmet, of course)

TTFN  (ta ta for now)
<<KM>>