 Castle / 18167
Re: City Gate
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Tue, 7 Oct 2003 04:11:19 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Benjamin Ellermann wrote:
   Hi everyone,

My first new castle moc in a long time is my City Gate.

It features a stone base with two large doors. The doors can be secured by an iron chain. A stair in the stone base leads to the tudor second floor. The stair landing has a window to shoot at intruders.

The upper tudor level has a fireplace, two weapons racks, a bookshelf, a table, chairs, and even a wall mirror.

I also made a haycart with the new huge wheels. The cardinal’s guard (musketeer) collects a toll from the peasant to enter the city. A traveling priest walks out of the city. Two fully armored watchmen guard the gate.

slice

   Please let me know what you think of my moc. I am also seriously considering making this moc into my second custom set.

Thanks,

Ben

Seriously Ben, this thing rocks!

I admire the way you use the walls that deeply remind me of the type used in 6061 Siege Tower and other classic LegoLand Castle sets. The guardhouse is, well, how can I say, quaint and cozy ;). Cool way to keep out intruders, that window is. Nice minifig and cart details too.

In short, this is an excellent creation and IMO, I would make this a custom set.

See you!

Dean