 Castle / 14847
Re: Formally Announcing: The Medieval Marketplace, A Common Castle Builders Project
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Tue, 29 Oct 2002 03:10:09 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Jeremy Scott writes:
Hello All!!!

<snipped first part of excellent idea>

----Baseplate:

A common Lego 16x16 baseplate with smooth bottom is the standard size for a
Marketplace Shop.  The baseplate must be green, unless the market shop is
being built custom for a show where the color has been defined as something
other than green. (IE: the show will have a desert marketplace, therefore
the baseplate will be tan.)

<and snipped the rest>

First off, great idea and setup, just the thing needed to breath some life
back into .castle.  In fact, I've started on my first module for this
project.  The above section is the only one I'd like to critique.

Now, most of the time un-paved roads are worn areas (IRL and in 99% of the
Lego villages I've seen).  So I think it only makes sense to make tan the
standard, with the option of adding the green on to landscape.  This will
further enhance the worn in, rutted look of the road.  Green would be more
for courtyard and outskirt areas.

Of course, just my opinion.  Plus, in my case, tan baseplates of the 16x
persuasion are more abundant in my collection.

Even if the standard is strictly kept green, it should be ok for me to use a
tan baseplate and "green up" the edges, yes?
(for example, look at the meshing of green and tan, particularly in front of
the small house beside the church, in this folder):

I hope that this idea is at least considered.

Eagerly anticipating seeing this idea take off,
-Chris