 Castle / 14894
Re: Formally Announcing: The Medieval Marketplace, A Common Castle Builders Project
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Thu, 31 Oct 2002 04:21:28 GMT

Hey Dan,

A 2x alley is a bit narrow, but there was some concern about making the
building space to small.  I prefer a 4 stud alley, so I have built my shops
(which will be posted soon, I hope) with a 2 stud back offset which gives
the wider alley.  It is up to you how much space you allot for the alley,
the standard minimum is only one stud to allow the most flexibility.  Also,
if different people put their shops together with different setbacks then it
gives a cool winding effect to the alley.  Hope this helps!

Josh

In lugnet.castle, Daniel Moquin writes:
Snip Great Marketplace Idea;

I just have one concern, isn't a 2x wide alleyway just too narrow for a
minifig????  The only way to get around this problem is to join the shops
using 2x2 tiles, so that the minifigs can be placed at a slight angle.

I think this is a great idea and I can't wait to see peoples contributions!!!

Dan