 Castle / 14869
Re: Formally Announcing: The Medieval Marketplace, A Common Castle Builders Project
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Tue, 29 Oct 2002 23:52:11 GMT

The Basic Marketplace Shop:

----Baseplate:

A common Lego 16x16 baseplate with smooth bottom is the standard size for a
Marketplace Shop.  The baseplate must be green, unless the market shop is
being built custom for a show where the color has been defined as something
other than green. (IE: the show will have a desert marketplace, therefore
the baseplate will be tan.)

----Building Area:

The road is integrated into the shop’s baseplate.  The standard road width
is 8 studs, therefore, there must have a 4 stud deep offset from the front
of the baseplate to the front of the shop.  There must also be a 1 stud
offset on the back of the shop for an alleyway.  Otherwise, there is no side
offset required.  We recommend you include a one stud offset if you would
rather not have you shop butted against another.  The maximum building area
is 11x16 studs.

   Hi,

      I realize I'm a bit late to disagree, but I would prefer green
baseplates under the stores (16x16 or16x32) but then lay tan plates down as
the road. That way we would have full baseplate use and the trodden road
many have been asking for. Also with the shop taking up most of the plate
the base, color would not be such a big issue and some could have tan
plates,road goes right up to store, and others could have grass verges.
On the current system a cart would crush everyone on the road and you won't
really be able to appreciate the buildings when we get a big scape.

        Please tell me if I'm alone on this,

                     God Bless,

                            Nathan