 Castle / 14904
Re: Formally Announcing: The Medieval Marketplace, A Common Castle Builders Project
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Thu, 31 Oct 2002 17:34:43 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Kevin Wanner writes:
----Building Area:

The road is integrated into the shop’s baseplate.  The standard road width
is 8 studs, therefore, there must have a 4 stud deep offset from the front
of the baseplate to the front of the shop.  There must also be a 1 stud
offset on the back of the shop for an alleyway.  Otherwise, there is no side
offset required.  We recommend you include a one stud offset if you would
rather not have you shop butted against another.  The maximum building area
is 11x16 studs.

    I think that the road should be made with 16x32 tan basplates, set
between the shops facing each other.  With a required 2 stud offset in the
back for the alleyway, so a figure could use the alleyway.  Another 2 stud
offset from the front so that they arn't right on the road with a tan plate
to make a path to the shop.  Then you could have an overhang in the back of
1 stud and an overhang in the front of two studs.  Doing it this way you get
a little more room because then the max building area without an overhang
would be 12x16 and with overhang it would be 15x16.  Where now without the
overhang the max building area is 11x16.  This would also solve the problem
of a cart being as wide as the road and would make the road look used.

What size carts are you using?  I asumed most people would be using 4-wide
carts, and with two market stalls facing each other the road is 8 studs
wide.  With two market stalls back to back the alley is 2 studs wide.  Just
wondering if maybe you forgot to double the size of the offsets when you
thought about how wide the road and alley were.

Jason