 Castle / 1139
  The Invasion of Strombrachter Page

Hey A while back I put up some pictures of the city-castle Strombrachter ... here is the follow up to it (more of a story I suppose): Here it is: (URL) background can be found here: (URL) me know what you think (flames, suggestions, words of (...) (24 years ago, 27-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The Invasion of Strombrachter Page

I'm just getting into this, it looks really neat! (a lot like something I want to do in the future) Format-wise, maybe the text should be beside the picture instead of underneath. I can't read it and look at the picture at the same time, which is a (...) (24 years ago, 27-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

My previous note about the text and picture arrangement only applies to the big pictures (i.e. the first one) ... the rest is quite easy to read. Again, very neat! -- Paul Davidson Pawel Nazarewicz <verneer@utk.edu> wrote in message (...) (24 years ago, 27-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The Invasion of Strombrachter Page

(...) pawel ~ ~! what great characters! i love the elementals! your scenes are wonderfully put together and the tree in the forest of illusions is amazing!! (what is it made of that looks like brown steep slopes, btw?) it took a while to load, but (...) (24 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The Invasion of Strombrachter Page

(...) Wow! That is an awesome page! I'm hoping to get a digital camera or a nice scanner simply so that I can do something like it. :) I don't have any comments about the layout, though I do agree with the suggestion that you place the text at the (...) (24 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The Invasion of Strombrachter Page

(...) Thanks! Well ... I'll have to be honest - that's just a piece of the wooden furniture (if we are both referring to the same pieces). Sorry - that WOULD be cool to build though (although a bit useless in that setting, but cool non-the less). -- (...) (24 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The Invasion of Strombrachter Page

(...) ~ah! i was looking at the second pic of the tree, and the angle was throwing me off... there _are_ four steep (3 high) brown slopes (what i thought those were) in the #7144 ~slave1 set, and i want some for tree building along these lines! ~big (...) (24 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The Invasion of Strombrachter Page

(...) I got mine from the 6115 Shark Scout. They also come in the 2161 Aqua Dozer and the 2162 Hydro Reef Wrecker. I'm pretty sure ... Like you said - that is the perfect "boyish" full of energy, ready to kick some serious butt look. Personally, I (...) (24 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The Invasion of Strombrachter Page

In lugnet.castle, Craig Hamilton writes: <much snippage> (...) Actually, there aren't. The "4" brown slopes in 7144 are in fact two pieces... it's the same piece that they use as the rear landing gear on the x-wing, in brown. :/ James (URL) (24 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The Invasion of Strombrachter Page

(...) This is *so* cool! I liked the old stuff you posted, and this is even better! I can't wait to see more! Jeff (24 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The Invasion of Strombrachter Page

(...) roofs! ~ what a dissapointment, but i suppose they give the slave1 model the structure it needs. there appear to be a pair of steep brown slopes in #6091 ~ king leo's crib, in the catapault tower, though... later ~ craig~ (24 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The Invasion of Strombrachter Page

(...) Yup, there are. 2 of 'em. Jeff (24 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The Invasion of Strombrachter Page

(...) Hmm... considering all the great parts in 6091, I wonder how long it'll be 'till it starts getting parted out? Its got that brown falcon, the black maiden hat (with maiden!), female knight, green jewel, brown 2x2x3 slopes, 2x2x3 blue corner (...) (24 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The Invasion of Strombrachter Page

(...) I call dibs on the crossbows, bird, straight wall pieces, and the gem!! ;) Jeff P.S. Anyone notice that the only way to get surplus RK II shields is in 6095? Heck, 6091 only comes with *one*!!! That is one of my few gripes with the part (...) (24 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The Invasion of Strombrachter Page

(...) Well, the archer comes with one, and if you use him per se, you will have one extra shield for every archer that you purchase. On a side note: I could not be more pleased with the weapons and minifigures in these new sets (the king's torso and (...) (24 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The Invasion of Strombrachter Page

(...) I plan on buying a *lot* of 4811, and none will be kept complete. Unfortunately, the only hand-held weapons it comes with are crossbows, and crossbow wielding 'figs look much better with a shield, IMO. Luckily, I have a lot of extra bows and (...) (24 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The Invasion of Strombrachter Page

(...) a (...) I wonder How Lego Direct is going to effect all these auctions? since we will most likely be able to buy anything in bulk.....Hmmm Looks like the price of the pieces are going to go down. No more $1 each for the 1x1 gray tiles Doyle (24 years ago, 30-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The Invasion of Strombrachter Page

On Thu, 30 Dec 1999, Doyle (<FnJL02.ALv@lugnet.com>) wrote at 07:04:50 (...) Careful. You don't want to start any urban legends. Brad said LD would start *limited* bulk ordering. That almost certainly means a specific variety of pieces, probably in (...) (24 years ago, 30-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The Invasion of Strombrachter Page

(...) Don't forget the keyword: "Bulk". You probably won't be able to call up Lego Direct and say, "Help! I need two black 1x2 tiles to finish my model!" Personally, I think small lots will stay popular, but large ones would have to be split (unless (...) (24 years ago, 30-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Parting out 6091/98: The Invasion of Strombrachter Page

I have good access to the 6091/6098 and have thought about buying several to part out and auction. However, I have never run a parts auction before. I would probably use eBay, but wondered if anyone here had suggestions, especially about how to go (...) (24 years ago, 30-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)