Re: Internationalization of the part library?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Tue, 1 Mar 2005 17:51:57 GMT

Anders Isaksson wrote:
Larry Pieniazek wrote:

But the existing part names are the unique identifier *we*
have control over.

Exactly.

There's also the value of at least a default text when the
translation file is older than the part library.

Yes.

part numbers are designed to be unambiguous,

As unambigous as set numbers? Why do you trust Lego not to
reuse the number of an old part that they will *never*
produce again?

I wouldn't.  But we would have to work around that problem
anyway.

The names are ours. We can make the totally unambigous if
we need to.

Exactly.

Play well,

Jacob