Re: Internationalization of the part library?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Mon, 28 Feb 2005 22:40:50 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, Kevin L. Clague wrote:
In lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, Steve Bliss wrote:
In lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, Jacob Sparre Andersen wrote:
Willy Tschager wrote:

could you please work out a standard for the
internationalization of the part names.

I don't think it is really the task of the LSC to define a
standard for internationalization (i18n) of part names

I feel it falls more to the LSC than any other group currently in existence.
Although, the SteerCo could appoint a new i18n group...

Personally I think this is well within the pervue of the LSC.  I see no need for
another organization.

Personally, I agree. That said, if the LSC decided that internationalization is
not a goal then some consideration of how to proceed would be needed, but I
would tend to want to follow their recommendation, it's their charter to own
decisions like this about standards directions. If the LSC decided i18n was
good, but that they did NOT want to tackle this and wanted to see another
committee formed, I guess I'd want to understand why, but would support that
decision as well, once I understood it.