Re: Internationalization of the part library?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Tue, 1 Mar 2005 17:34:13 GMT

Larry Pieniazek wrote:
In lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, Jacob Sparre Andersen wrote:

In general, part numbers change, while part names are
constant.

Apparently my impression wasn't quite correct here.

To Jacob's point about keeping changes in sync, which I
agree is a valid concern and would need to be addressed:
If the translation file ships as part of a part update,
then I would think that any time a part number changes, so
does the translation file, which means that when you
install an update you are in sync

Yes.  But that would require the programs to be able to work
directly on whatever translation format we decide to use.
And it would inflate the parts library updates with
approximately 120 kb/language (25 kb/language with sensible
compression).

Play well,

Jacob
--
"Hungh. You see! More bear. Yellow snow is always dead give-away."