Re: Internationalization of the part library?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Tue, 1 Mar 2005 17:22:16 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, William Howard wrote:
In lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, Jacob Sparre Andersen wrote:
In general, part numbers change, while part names are
constant.

Mmmmm!!!

Rock pieces (BURPs, LURPs, et al) recently became panels ...
Castle walls also are in the process of becomming panels ...

If only we knew what to do with that lousy crenellated wall topper, we could get
rid of the Castle group altogether...

I no longer know where Boat Stud is as it moves so often ...

FYI:  the Boat Stud is now Dish 2 x 2 -- both Peeron and LDList will still match
on Boat Stud.  And it was officially renamed only 1 time, in 2004-02.  It just
took us a few unofficial gyrations to figure out the better name. :)

And that's just the first three off the top of my head.

You didn't mention pattern descriptions, which get tweaked at the drop of a hat.

It seems like half the parts that are submitted to the PT for updates have a
title/name change.  Many of which get changed back before the part is released.

Sorry.  Have to disagree.  Parts names change far more frequently than known
numbers, after all known numbers are printed on the parts.

And if we change a part number, we almost always leave a "Moved to" stub file.

Steve