Re: Sounds good, however... (from an LDRAW neophyte)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Tue, 6 Feb 2001 23:51:06 GMT

I think the idea of a formal organization is really good, provided that it
does server it's constituants.  I think this is a good start and I encourage
you to continue.

I agree on the problem of installing/getting all of the necessary tools
running.  I was just getting ready to offer to make a central installer that
could set up all of this stuff.  In the Windows world, this could be a very
easy task to accomplish, by using either a canned setup program (such as the
Microsoft Windows Installer) or by using scripts to run through WSH (Windows
Scripting Host).  The scripts have the added advantage of being quickly
modified and they can be filled with comments to outline and explain what is
going on behind the scenes.

Anyway, I wanted to let you know that I support the effort, and if needed I
will be glad to offer my services on creating an installer.