Re: Excellent Discussion, Well Met
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Mon, 5 Feb 2001 16:35:23 GMT

"Larry Pieniazek" <lpieniazek@mercator.com> wrote in message
news:G8ALC8.CMF@lugnet.com...
In lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, Pat Hough writes:

I'm not sure what this group needs in the way of skills, but for the record
I am a full-time technical writer working for Cisco Systems. I majored in
English at UTSA and dabbled in computer science before I realized I was not
talented in this area; however, last Friday I did complete an online course
on UNIX basics. I spend a great deal of time doing non-technical writing as
well. If this helps, great.

I have no official standing to delegate anything but if someone doesn't jump
up and latch on to you I will be very surprised, as there are a number of
areas within the site and elsewhere, where either word smithing, or worse,
out and out content creation, are going to be greatly appreciated.

Good technical writing is hard, it's a skill that is vastly undervalued in
my opinion.

Well put Lar.

Pat - since you are experienced in technical writing, how would you like to help
the site in the area of Reference and Get Started?  We still need help
eliminating the confusion for first-time users, and more reference articles
would be great!  Please email me with any ideas you have, or if you want me to
point out specific tasks I'd be happy to.

Thanks for the offer, and thanks for your comments/questions!
--

Tim Courtney - tim@ldraw.org