Re: Excellent Discussion, Well Met
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Mon, 5 Feb 2001 16:19:20 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, Pat Hough writes:

I'm not sure what this group needs in the way of skills, but for the record
I am a full-time technical writer working for Cisco Systems. I majored in
English at UTSA and dabbled in computer science before I realized I was not
talented in this area; however, last Friday I did complete an online course
on UNIX basics. I spend a great deal of time doing non-technical writing as
well. If this helps, great.

I have no official standing to delegate anything but if someone doesn't jump
up and latch on to you I will be very surprised, as there are a number of
areas within the site and elsewhere, where either word smithing, or worse,
out and out content creation, are going to be greatly appreciated.

Good technical writing is hard, it's a skill that is vastly undervalued in
my opinion.

++Lar