 CAD / Development / 1112
Re: baseplate 32 x 32 road curve with road pattern-9 studs
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Sat, 10 Apr 1999 21:41:01 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, buster@marsbase.com (Ben Vaughan) writes:
In lugnet.cad.dev, Jonathan Wilson writes:
you are all right. this part is crap.
we really need to get a decent way of making large discs,rings,not
disks etc come on all you math wizzes. get cracking.

Of all the unmitigated gall.  "Cracking"?  Speaking for myself, you
are a sanctimonious prig.  Those of us that don't make parts (this
includes you) appreciate all the effort and talent that goes into the
improvement of Ldraw and it's library.  Look at the quality of the rest
of the parts that are submitted and the care taken to ensure they are as
accurate as possible.  How dare you try to pollute that process and
dilute the quality of that library with this trash.  Stop.

Ben,
Just a side note -- it recently came to light that part of the problem in
Jonathan's parts might be related to .cad.dat posting problems -- at least
things like missing studs...still gathering info.  This probably doesn't
affect the overall general opinion but it's something to keep in mind.

Jonathan,
On another thread you asked how you might improve your quality levels.
Something you might want to consider is stepping back and choosing a single
part -- any single part (but not bunch of parts at once) -- and working on
it until it is truly beautiful and amazing.  Then, if you can demonstrate
mastery of one part, you put yourself on more solid ground with respect to
earning the respect of your parts co-authors/peers.  Maybe just in general,
you might want to slow down a bit and work on one part at a time (i.e. focus
your energies).

--Todd