 CAD / Development / 1018
Re: baseplate 32 x 32 road curve with road pattern-9 studs
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Tue, 6 Apr 1999 21:48:48 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, wilsonj@xoommail.com (jonathan wilson) writes:
i know that the torus generator generated part looks kind of s###
but i know nothing about circular maths (trig?).

Unless you're 14 years old, that's very sad.

[...]
i will submit the curve as posted to cad.dat with the extra studs
removed unless i can figure out a bettre way to do it.
i say we see what the ldraw community at large thinks about the part.
if they are happy with the use of the torus generator then that is ok.
if they vote it down then that will prove that the torus generator
should not be used for large curves.
[...]

You would ask the community to lower its standards of quality rather than
raising your own?

--Todd