 CAD / Development / 1004
Re: baseplate 32 x 32 road curve with road pattern-9 studs
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Mon, 5 Apr 1999 21:53:42 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, wilsonj@xoommail.com (jonathan wilson) writes:
thanks for the photo... the only thing i noticed was that the white line
is briken in that one but not in the one i was working from (set #6321).
the piece appears to be finished and i will submit it for voting in
vote99-03.

Say, before you submit it for voting, I have a couple more questions:

Did you also notice that the curved lines look a bit choppy and that the
green and white decorations seem to float below the main surface rather than
above or coincident with it?  (I'm viewing it with LDLITE 1.6.)

Regarding #6321 -- Hmm. -- did LEGO ever release two different versions of
baseplates under the set number #6321?  If not, then look again -- look
closer at it -- (count the studs) -- it's actually a different element than
the one you're modelling (not just green versus gray and solid versus
dotted, but the very stud configuration).

Below are links to some catalog scans of 6321 and related baseplates to help
you out.  Note that the baseplates in #6321 have an *8* stud border around
the roadway...

...and that the one you are modeling has a *9* stud border.

There are also 7-stud versions...

...and 9-stud versions:

Anyway, unless there are two versions of the 9-stud-border baseplates, your
element should either have a dotted line (not solid) or should have an
8-stud border (not 9).

--Todd

p.s.  I can't find a part number anywhere on the element that I took a photo
of last night.  It came from an old DACTA road plates set, if that helps.