 CAD / Development / 11013
Re: Technic Axle Joiner / Cross Block descriptions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Tue, 28 Jul 2009 16:04:55 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Santeri Piippo wrote:
I'd be for dimensions but not the hole sequence.. the hole sequence goes into
redundancies IMHO. So for example I'd like 6536.dat to be "Technic Axle
Joiner Perpendicular  1 x  2".

Alright, that's cool...but how exactly would you suggest making the distinction
between the three different 1x3 saddle joints?  Perhaps like this:

32068.dat     Technic Axle Joiner Perpendicular 1 x 3
32184.dat     Technic Axle Joiner Perpendicular 1 x 3, The Other
42003.dat     Technic Axle Joiner Perpendicular 1 x 3, The Other Other

And then you just need to assume that everyone knows exactly which order in
which these parts were first used.  Hole sequence may be redundant for some of
the other parts on that list, but they are critical for keeping those three
parts straight from each other.