 CAD / Development / 11001
Re: Technic Axle Joiner / Cross Block descriptions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Fri, 24 Jul 2009 16:58:29 GMT

Most of you know my opinion on this one - use BrickLink names.

Our community is dispursed enough.  We need to work to unify what we can.

BrickLink names are the most widely used amongst the community.  After all, how
many people convert their LDraw models to LDD and upload to LEGO Factory to
purchase parts?  LDraw users who purchase parts specifically for a model,
primarily get them from BrickLink, and know the names of parts from BrickLink
and programs that use BL names like BrickStore.

If the LEGO Company opened up an online database with the names of the parts
that they currently produce, I could see an argument for using their names.
However, the BL database has been open from the start and many programs use it
to perform their tasks.  If the LDraw names matched BL, it might allow these
programs to do more tasks.

Sorry if I didn't answer with specifics to your part numbers.  I did look at the
BL names for these parts and they seem to identify them with more clarity for
each part.

Scott W.