 CAD / Development / 11010
Re: Technic Axle Joiner / Cross Block descriptions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Tue, 28 Jul 2009 13:23:04 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Willy Tschager wrote:
In lugnet.cad.dev, Scott Wardlaw wrote:
If the LEGO Company opened up an online database with the names of the parts
that they currently produce, I could see an argument for using their names.
However, the BL database has been open from the start and many programs use it
to perform their tasks.  If the LDraw names matched BL, it might allow these
programs to do more tasks.

The LEGO database lists the following names:

6536  CROSS BLOCK 90°
32184 DOUBLE CROSS BLOCK
32068 TECHNIC STEERING-GEAR 3M
32291 TECHNIC CROSS BLOCK 2X4,85
41678 TECHNIC CROSS BLOCK/FORK 2X2
42003 CROSS BLOCK 3M
32557 TECHNIC CROSSBLOCK 2X3

I really don't think that thier names are an option.

w.

LEGO database?

To those who work for them, their part description may not be as optional as
ours.  However, that doesn't mean that we should make emotional choices.  I
worship TLG as much as the next AFOL, but we already know they don't put nearly
as much thought into the details surrounding the pieces as we do.  If they did,
any AFOL should find these part names to be more than descriptive:
'Assembly Element', 'Butt', or 'Final Brick 2X2'.

Scott