 CAD / Development / 10244
Re: txt2dat - Create LDraw files from text
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Thu, 5 May 2005 05:56:28 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Don Heyse wrote:
In lugnet.cad.dev, Anders Isaksson wrote:
Don Heyse wrote:
?? I don't understand exactly what you're saying here. Are you trying to
copy the full file path to the Clipboard?

No, I figured it out.  XP seems to come with a special Hidden System
desktop.ini file in the font directory with this in it.

  [.ShellClassInfo]
  UICLSID={BD84B380-8CA2-1069-AB1D-08000948F534}

It makes the standard Windows open file dialog behave in a way that
makes selecting the font filename difficult.  Instead of filenames
(*.ttf) you get the font names in the file open dialog and cannot
select them for opening.  But you *can* double click on them
and let windows show you it's font preview window.  Any program using
the standard windows file open dialog is going to run afoul of
this annoying behavior.

If you make a program that accepts drag and drop, you can drag the font file
onto the program, and it will get the full path.  I don't know what's up with
Anders' system either.  Mine behaves just like yours.

Oh, and the UICLSID in the desktop.ini file is the class ID of a registered COM
object (presumably of a specific type).  So anyone who knows how can create
their own "special" folders, and then create code to make Explorer do bizarre
things when an appropriate desktop.ini file is in the folder.

--Travis