 CAD / Development / 10241
Re: txt2dat - Create LDraw files from text
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Tue, 3 May 2005 23:37:15 GMT

The problem we were discussing was the fact that there doesn't seem to exist
a nice way to get (programatically) the font file name, given a font name
(and attributes). The only solution found yet for this seems to be: Locate
all font files on the system, read all the info from them, and build a huge
table in memory (or database) and use this. Much too much work for a quick
hack :-)

Or...
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Fonts
This brought to my attention that not all the files listed are "single
font" files (look for ttc files).

Is there any reason that txt2dat can't handle font face names?

--
Dean Earley, Dee (dean@earlsoft.co.uk)

irc:    irc://irc.blitzed.org/
web:    http://personal.earlsoft.co.uk