 CAD / Development / 10209
Re: txt2dat - Create LDraw files from text
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Mon, 18 Apr 2005 13:32:07 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Ross Crawford wrote:
Hi all,

I've just uploaded the first beta version of txt2dat, a command-line
program to create LDraw files from text. It has been developed using
cygwin and mingw on Windows XP, and has not been fully tested in any
other environments.

You can download it
<http://www.br-eng.info/about/lego/LDraw/txt2dat/index.htm here>.
If you wanna give it a go, and let me know if you can get it to work,
please feel free.

Wow, that's cool!  LDRAW stuff sent to stdout.  I finally get to
try ldglite with a pipe from a real program, and it all seems to
work.

  txt2dat -s hello -c 4 -p 72 c:\windows\fonts\ariel.ttf | ldglite -i1
-MFhello.png --

Thanks.  That was fun,

Don