 CAD / Development / 1011
Re: baseplate 32 x 32 road curve with road pattern-9 studs
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Tue, 6 Apr 1999 08:25:45 GMT

i know that the torus generator generated part looks kind of shit but i know
nothing about circular maths (trig?). steve tells me that the helipad and road
curve 7 studs have both been made with the generator... have you seen those yet
tery? do they suffer the same problems?

here is what i will do:
i will make the 8-stud unpatterened road plates completly in color #16. i will
also make the patterned 8-stud straight, t-junction and cross. i will use the
torus generator to generate the small curves on the corners. i will hardcode
the road surface itself as well as the area just outside the green lines where
there are no studs in color #7
i will make the area under the studs color #17. this will allow people to use
them in green. i will submit all these parts.
i will submit the curve as posted to cad.dat with the extra studs removed
unless i can figure out a bettre way to do it.
i say we see what the ldraw community at large thinks about the part. if they
are happy with the use of the torus generator then that is ok.
if they vote it down then that will prove that the torus generator should not
be used for large curves.

no-one has ldrawn any part that requires large curves yet so i have nothing to
go on except steves parts, made with his torus generator.
i have not seen those so i do not know what the quality is like...

Re: baseplate 32 x 32 road curve with road pattern-9 studs