 CAD / LDraw Files / Models / LEGO Sets / *480 (-20)
Subject:
Official alternative model of set 8671
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.models.sets
Date:
Fri, 4 Dec 2009 14:23:51 GMT

Hello,

In the instructions of set 8671 (Racers - Ferrari F430 Spider 1:17) it says
there are buildinginstrucions of an alternative model to be found on
http://www.LEGO.com/racers. Alas these instructions were removed.
The topic of missing or removal of official building instructions online came up
at LEGOWORLD this year but lucky me: I got the PDF of the instructions from LEGO
of the model afterall.
I have recreated the model in LDraw and made my own instructions using LPub.
Featured on binarybricks.nl is an unique flipbook version of these instructions.
Enjoy!
http://www.binarybricks.nl/voorbeelden/alt8671.html
(You need to have the latest version of the Flash player installed)

Jaco

Re: personal OMR
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.models.sets
Date:
Mon, 10 Mar 2008 23:23:37 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dat.models.sets, Michael Heidemann wrote:
The new url for my persoanl OMR is http://mikeheide.kilu.de.

There are also some new sets.

Just as a note, it appears that the canopy is rotated 180 degrees on set 7695
(maybe due to an update to an unofficial part?):

http://mikeheide.kilu.de/html/7695-07.htm

If it was due to an update to an unofficial part, there could be other sets that
have the same problem.

--Travis

Re: personal OMR
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.models.sets
Date:
Sun, 9 Mar 2008 15:32:57 GMT

mikeheide schrieb:
I just started my personal OMR.

The side can be found at http://mikeheide.liveline.de/index.htm.

It is still in progress and far from complete, but maybe you like it.

MikeHeide
I have to announce that the location has moved.

The new url for my persoanl OMR is http://mikeheide.kilu.de.

There are also some new sets.

I hope you like it. Your comments are welcome.

cu
mikeheide

Subject:
MPD file for Technic #8842
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.models.sets
Date:
Tue, 19 Feb 2008 09:32:28 GMT

In this post http://g2bricks.blogsite.org/bricks/?p=62

you can find the mpd file describing the #8842 Technic set of the 80’s. I decide to remake the model after I read the post in The NXT Step:

http://thenxtstep.blogspot.com/2008/01/how-do-you-get-these-parts-unstuck.html

which explains some methods to unstuck parts. In a commentary the #8842 is mentioned because in the last page of the building instructions there was a short explanation about how to unstuck some joined parts.

After that I had the idea to to I recollect methods to unstuck parts to solve this typical problem. End of march I will realese a small pdf with the collected methods under GFDL free license. If you know methods to easily stuck or unstuck parts, or you have build a special tool with LEGO bricks for that goal, please, write a comment here or send me an email. I will put it in the pdf and release it for the community.

Thanks for the help.

Subject:
MPD file for Technic #8274, Combine Harvester
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.models.sets
Date:
Tue, 5 Feb 2008 18:53:23 GMT

Hello to everybody!

I am modelling the firt model of the set #8274 with MLCad. You can find the actual state of the .mpd file describing the harvester in my SVN server, but the files is still unfinished:

http://g-2.homeip.net/bricks/?p=24

I only need the following parts to complete the project:
  1. Wheel RC Race Buggy http://www.peeron.com/inv/parts/41896

  2. Tyre RC Race Buggy 81.6 x 38 http://www.peeron.com/inv/parts/45982
Please, let me know if somebody has published one of the parts for public domain! As soon I complete the model, I will commit it in the server. Comments are welcome.

Thanks ;-)

Re: personal OMR
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.models.sets, lugnet.cad
Date:
Wed, 9 May 2007 21:25:59 GMT

Hello James,

thanks for your question.

The script that builds the pages reads only the entries in the MPD-
File. So far I did not mention any genre or keywords in the MPD-
files I have created. This was not my intend as I wrote that. I
only wanted to have a good presentation of the content of the MPD-
files with pictures. If you need to search a set, please use
Peeron, Lugnet or Brickset. Once you have the set number and the
release date of that set you can easy find the MPD-file if it is
already on my pages.

The pictures are also created on the fly with LDView based on the
actual content of the MPD-file. If the MPD-file is newer than the
picture already created, then the picture will be generated again.

I hope this answers your question.

If you are interested in the script, please drop me a note and I
will send it directly to you, because it is at present at beta stage.

I'm in the middle of some heavy coding now, and I don't want to break
to look at something else.  But this is something I'm interested in
and hopefully will remember to check back on when I'm done with my
current project.

James

Re: personal OMR
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.models.sets, lugnet.cad
Date:
Wed, 9 May 2007 20:07:33 GMT

Thomas Main schrieb:
In lugnet.cad, Michael Heidemann wrote:
Thomas Main schrieb:
In lugnet.cad.dat.models.sets, Michael Heidemann wrote:
It is a long time since the last update.
Please visit my peronal OMR at http://mikeheide.kilu2.de.
Now there are more than 760 set as MPD-file for download.

cu
mikeheide
Mike,

Would it be possible to make this library downloadable as a single file?  I
would love to have it as a reference.

--
Thomas Main
thomasmain@charter.net

thank you for your feedback. I have just uploaded a file mpd.zip that
contains all MPD-files. You should get it with the following link
http://mikeheide.kilu2.de/mpd.zip.

I am not shure that I will update that file regulary.

cu
mikeheide

Mike,

Thanks for doing this - but I had trouble getting the file...kept saying it was
corrupted.  Is this a problem on my end?

--
Thomas Main
thomasmain@charter.net

sorry. I made a mistake. Now it should work (I have tested now).
cu
mikeheide

Re: personal OMR
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.models.sets, lugnet.cad
Date:
Wed, 9 May 2007 19:09:19 GMT

Thomas Main schrieb:
[...]

Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.models.sets, lugnet.cad
Date:
Wed, 9 May 2007 17:35:43 GMT

Thomas Main schrieb:
[...]

Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.models.sets, lugnet.cad
Date:
Wed, 9 May 2007 17:33:05 GMT

[...]

James Reynolds schrieb:
Does it create the images too?  And what about adding the ability to
categorize them by genre or keyword?

James

On May 6, 2007, at 7:16 PM, mikeheide wrote:

It is a long time since the last update.
Please visit my peronal OMR at http://mikeheide.kilu2.de.
Now there are more than 760 set as MPD-file for download.

Re: personal OMR
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.models.sets, lugnet.cad
Date:
Mon, 7 May 2007 20:24:18 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dat.models.sets, Michael Heidemann wrote:
It is a long time since the last update.
Please visit my peronal OMR at http://mikeheide.kilu2.de.
Now there are more than 760 set as MPD-file for download.

cu
mikeheide

Mike,

Would it be possible to make this library downloadable as a single file?  I
would love to have it as a reference.

--
Thomas Main
thomasmain@charter.net

Re: personal OMR
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.models.sets, lugnet.cad
Date:
Mon, 7 May 2007 18:09:14 GMT

Does it create the images too?  And what about adding the ability to
categorize them by genre or keyword?

James

On May 6, 2007, at 7:16 PM, mikeheide wrote:

It is a long time since the last update.
Please visit my peronal OMR at http://mikeheide.kilu2.de.
Now there are more than 760 set as MPD-file for download.

Re: personal OMR
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.models.sets, lugnet.cad
Date:
Sun, 6 May 2007 19:16:28 GMT

It is a long time since the last update.
Please visit my peronal OMR at http://mikeheide.kilu2.de.
Now there are more than 760 set as MPD-file for download.

cu
mikeheide

mikeheide schrieb:
I have just updated my personal OMR with 31 new sets.

cu
MikeHeide

PS: The new LDView Version will now download unofficial parts if used in
the mpd-file and not included in that file.

mikeheide schrieb:
Jeroen de Haan schrieb:
In lugnet.cad.dat.models.sets, Michael Heidemann wrote:

I just started my personal OMR.

The side can be found at http://mikeheide.liveline.de/index.htm.

It is still in progress and far from complete, but maybe you like it.

MikeHeide

snip

thank you for your response.

Please drop me a note for mdp's that are not downloadable, so I upload
them.

In the next step of this project I want to bring all unofficial parts
into the mpd's by script.

If you find a unofficial part that is not/not more on the PT please
drop me a note.

Please help me to keep this project up to date.

cu
MikeHeide

Re: personal OMR
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.models.sets, lugnet.cad
Date:
Mon, 23 Oct 2006 00:06:55 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dat.models.sets, William Howard wrote:
I believe that MLCad allows you to add to its parts search path.
I'm not sure off-hand how to do this,

In mlcad.ini (something like)

[SCAN_ORDER]
1 = SHOW <LDRAWDIR>MyFiles\Parts
2 = HIDE <LDRAWDIR>MyFiles\Parts\S
3 = HIDE <LDRAWDIR>MyFiles\P
4 = SHOW <LDRAWDIR>Parts
5 = HIDE <LDRAWDIR>Parts\S
6 = HIDE <LDRAWDIR>P
7 = SHOW <LDRAWDIR>UnofficialFiles\Parts
8 = HIDE <LDRAWDIR>UnofficialFiles\Parts\S
9 = HIDE <LDRAWDIR>UnofficialFiles\P
10 = SHOW <LDRAWDIR>Models

Thanks.  However, the UnofficialFiles should be Unofficial in order to work with
the directory created by LDView.  (Maybe that was a directory that was already
in yours, and wasn't intended as the one for the LDView files.)

--Travis

RE: personal OMR
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.models.sets, lugnet.cad
Date:
Sun, 22 Oct 2006 08:25:19 GMT

I believe that MLCad allows you to add to its parts search path.
I'm not sure off-hand how to do this,

In mlcad.ini (something like)

[SCAN_ORDER]
1 = SHOW <LDRAWDIR>MyFiles\Parts
2 = HIDE <LDRAWDIR>MyFiles\Parts\S
3 = HIDE <LDRAWDIR>MyFiles\P
4 = SHOW <LDRAWDIR>Parts
5 = HIDE <LDRAWDIR>Parts\S
6 = HIDE <LDRAWDIR>P
7 = SHOW <LDRAWDIR>UnofficialFiles\Parts
8 = HIDE <LDRAWDIR>UnofficialFiles\Parts\S
9 = HIDE <LDRAWDIR>UnofficialFiles\P
10 = SHOW <LDRAWDIR>Models

Re: personal OMR
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.models.sets, lugnet.cad
Date:
Sun, 22 Oct 2006 07:01:21 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dat.models.sets, Michael Heidemann wrote:
I have just updated my personal OMR with 31 new sets.

cu
MikeHeide

PS: The new LDView Version will now download unofficial parts if used in
the mpd-file and not included in that file.

A note on LDView's downloading of unofficial parts.  If you plan to use the
parts in any other program, you'll have to either copy them to your parts
directories, or add the <ldraw>/Unofficial/p and <ldraw>/Unofficial/parts
directories to the other program's part search list.  (That's where LDView puts
them when it downloads them.)  I believe that MLCad allows you to add to its
parts search path.  I'm not sure off-hand how to do this, but it would
definitely be a good idea to do if you're using LDView to get the files
downloaded to your computer in the first place.

--Travis

Re: personal OMR
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.models.sets, lugnet.cad
Date:
Sat, 21 Oct 2006 22:08:16 GMT

mikeheide schrieb:
Jeroen de Haan schrieb:
In lugnet.cad.dat.models.sets, Michael Heidemann wrote:

I just started my personal OMR.

The side can be found at http://mikeheide.liveline.de/index.htm.

It is still in progress and far from complete, but maybe you like it.

MikeHeide

Very nice! Only nag is that some models aren't downloadable and that
you use
some unofficial parts.
Good work!

Jeroen
Dear Jeroen,

thank you for your response.

Please drop me a note for mdp's that are not downloadable, so I upload
them.

In the next step of this project I want to bring all unofficial parts
into the mpd's by script.

If you find a unofficial part that is not/not more on the PT please drop
me a note.

Please help me to keep this project up to date.

cu
MikeHeide

Re: personal OMR
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.models.sets
Date:
Tue, 23 May 2006 17:01:49 GMT

Jeroen de Haan schrieb:
[...]

Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.models.sets
Date:
Mon, 22 May 2006 14:51:11 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dat.models.sets, Michael Heidemann wrote:
I just started my personal OMR.

The side can be found at http://mikeheide.liveline.de/index.htm.

It is still in progress and far from complete, but maybe you like it.

MikeHeide

Very nice! Only nag is that some models aren't downloadable and that you use
some unofficial parts.
Good work!

Jeroen

Subject:
personal OMR
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.models.sets
Date:
Fri, 24 Mar 2006 00:03:42 GMT

I just started my personal OMR.

The side can be found at http://mikeheide.liveline.de/index.htm.

It is still in progress and far from complete, but maybe you like it.

MikeHeide

Redisplay Messages:  Brief | Compact