 CAD / 17718
17717  |  17719
Subject:
L3pGUI Project (Was: L3PAO Problems)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Tue, 17 May 2011 16:05:40 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Philippe Hurbain wrote:
As much as I hate the thought of "stealing" somebody else's idea, I am very much
tempted to make my own frontend GUI to L3P. (I already copied the "Digest" into
LDA.) There are too many problems with L3PAO, and if we can't contact Jeff, I'm
afraid we simply need to make a new one. How do you all feel about that?

At some point all programs need to be updated to keep up with world evolution...
if the original author can't or doesn't want to do so, then it's normal that
someone steps in!

Thanks for the support. I've been thinking some about this new project, also
about Willy mentioned user friendliness. The fact that L3PAO has developed from
one single page to four tags when introducing the new features in L3P 1.4 Beta,
is in itself highering the entrance bar mentioned. Not counting all the
technical issues mentioned in this thread...

Currently my plans are to initially launch a Basic version for novice users with
not all advanced features included. And then, either launch an "expert" version,
or, maybe a better idea, to add an advanced settings button into the same
program.

From my needs and preferences, I have an idea of what settings are Basic, but
what do you all think? Here's a list of all options included in L3PAO v1.9.0.
Which ones would you say are essential, if you had to pick the number that gets
into one page?

CAMERA
-ic"Include file" :: No Camera/Camera settings from Include file
-cg/-cc+X,Y,Z :: Camera Globe Position/Coordinates
-caV :: Camera Angle
Camera View Presets, with possibility to add more presets
-claX,Y,Z :: Camera Look At
Get Camera and Look At settings from Model
-craV :: Camera Roll Angle
-cskyA,B,C :: Camera Sky Vector
-cpctN% :: Move Camera Back
-carR :: Camera Aspect Ratio
-co? :: Camera Ortographic
-csaV :: Camera Stereo Angle
-csl/-csr Camera Stereo Left/Right

LIGHTS
-il"Include file" :: No Lights/Lights settings from Include file
-lg/-lc :: Light Globe Position/ Coordinates
-l :: Light Sources from Model
-ld :: Include Default Lights (3)
-sls :: Shadowless Lights
Lighting Presets, with possibility to add more presets

POV-RAY
-mpV :: Enable MegaPOV
-ib"Include file" :: Include file at the beginning of POV output file
-ie"Include file" :: Include file at the end of POV output file
Stepclock Inital Frame
Stepclock Final Frame
Stepclock Initial Clock
Stepclock Final Clock
Render upon completion
Output Filename
Otuput Image File Type
Otuput Image Size; W, H
Anti-Alias
Additional POV-Ray Switches

LGEO
-lgeo :: Use LGEO Library
-ar :: Use Anton Raves' Library
Set Priority: LGEO/Anton Raves' Library
-lgd"Directory" :: LGEO Directory
-nolgc :: No LGEO Colors
-nolgcf :: No LGEO Finishes

OPTIONS
-ldc"Path" :: ldconfig path
-ldd"LDraw Directoty"
-bR,G,B :: Background Color
-fgY/-fcY :: Floor
-bu :: Bumps
-swW :: Seam Width
-qQ :: Quality
-studs0 :: Turn off studs (Is this working???)
-cC :: Model Color
-enp :: Excude non-POV Code
-o :: Overwrite existiing .POV file
-sc/-scm :: Step Clock