 Announcements / 3860
3859  |  3861
Subject:
L3PAO 1.9 Beta
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad
Date:
Sat, 11 Oct 2008 18:54:54 GMT

The beta update of L3PAO to go along with Lars’ L3P 1.4 beta is now available.

The .zip contains two files. Replace your existing versions with both of the files in the archive.

There may be issues with certain activeX controls not being installed on your system, so keep a backup of your old L3PAO just in case. I’ll put together a complete install once a bit more testing has been done, I wanted to get this out for people to play with.

Note that your old .l3a scene files will no longer work with this version. Up until now, I had been adapting each release’s save/load routine to maintain backwards compatibility with all previous versions, but the function was getting messy so I decided to reformat the save file structure. If anyone has a desperate need to get their old .l3a files ported into the new version I might write an import routine, but I don’t get the feeling that too many people have extensive .l3a file libraries.

I believe I’ve addressed every one of Lars’ new options and attempted to handle all of the interdependencies between them but I’m sure there is lots of tweaking to be done.

The “default.l3a” that is included in this .zip is the default program state settings which are loaded on startup and are in the new file format. Feel free to make all the program selections as you’d like them, then save the scene file over “default.l3a” to set your personal startup state.

You can grab the beta here: L3PAO 1.9 beta