 CAD / 13922
13921  |  13923
Subject:
Tutorial on reviewing parts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Sun, 16 Jul 2006 09:17:43 GMT

So, I made this tutorial about being a reviewer and review parts in the Parts Tracker:

http://www.l3go.bugge.com/articles/Reviewing-parts-tutorial.shtml

Eventually it’ll end up in the article section of Ldraw, but right now I’d just like to hear some feedback/suggestions from the general community, especially concerning illustrations.

It’s basically a major upgrade of this thread: http://news.lugnet.com/cad/?n=11914 (wow that was a long time ago!). It is supposed to be a basic introduction about reviewing, so more advanced stuff about the correct use of submodels, patterned parts, primitives etc. - and how to review these is not included: the tutorial is already long enough, and I don’t know enough about these aspects.

I hope somebody else will be inspired to make a tutorial that takes reviewing the next step from mine (I’d like to read it!). And of course - that a lot of people will decide to become reviewers or parts authors - it’s really not that difficult and with the ever increasing complexity and number of new parts, we need you to participate!

Cheers NB