 CAD / 13922
  Tutorial on reviewing parts

So, I made this tutorial about being a reviewer and review parts in the Parts Tracker: (URL) Eventually it’ll end up in the article section of Ldraw, but right now I’d just like to hear some feedback/suggestions from the general community, (...) (18 years ago, 16-Jul-06, to lugnet.cad, FTX)

  Re: Tutorial on reviewing parts

(...) A couple of other points that may be worth mentioning: 1) LDView can do BFC checking now (I use this all the time) 2) LDDP has a "fix error" option for most errors L3P can find, including bowtie quads. Other than that it looks good. Thank you (18 years ago, 16-Jul-06, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Tutorial on reviewing parts

(...) You can still only look at the files in ldview right? (it doesn't have any extra features compared to lab?) (...) Cool, thanks! I'll add a note about that (and use it heavily :D ) Cheers NB (18 years ago, 17-Jul-06, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Tutorial on reviewing parts

(...) Yeah, its just a viewer, but looks a lot nicer. I never got on with L3Lab, not entirely sure why. (...) IIRC, it can fix all but the non coplanar quads. (18 years ago, 17-Jul-06, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Tutorial on reviewing parts

(...) it will not work on all graphic cards corretly. at least it doesn't on my ATI Radeon 9000. trinagles with a wrong winding will always show up in correct green. (...) (18 years ago, 17-Jul-06, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Tutorial on reviewing parts

(...) you won't believe it but I just learnt a few new things. (...) no marking needed: * open the part in LDDP * select "Process > External programs > Polling > Poll to L3Lab & LDView" (but it's faster via the icon in the toolbar) * select "Process (...) (18 years ago, 17-Jul-06, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Tutorial on reviewing parts

(...) Man, that's seriously smart! thanks a lot, I'll add that to the tutorial when I get some time to look at it again. (...) I'm just amazed at the tips and tricks that is beginning to crop up in this thread with people pouring out their (...) (18 years ago, 17-Jul-06, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Tutorial on reviewing parts

(...) I will try to have this fixed in the next release (I haven't implemented the fix yet). Also, the two triangles that LDView shows you are the ones that it chose to split along. There will always be two ways to split a quad into two triangles, (...) (18 years ago, 17-Jul-06, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Tutorial on reviewing parts

(...) Just out of curiosity, have you tried using the latest ATI drivers? Or is it a notebook that the manufacturer hasn't posted updated drivers for? (I know you emailed me about this a long time ago, but can't remember the specifics.) Since the (...) (18 years ago, 17-Jul-06, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Tutorial on reviewing parts

Niels, Thanks for putting this together. It is good to encourage new people to become reviewers, and to reassure them that it isn't that hard to do. Now, some of my personal observances: IMO, the most useful thing for a new reviewer to understand (...) (18 years ago, 18-Jul-06, to lugnet.cad, FTX)

  Re: Tutorial on reviewing parts

(...) the latter :-( the driver is two years old and was a one shot for those notebook series. w. (18 years ago, 18-Jul-06, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Tutorial on reviewing parts

(...) Good points, I think I'll try to separate these in into a separate section early in the tutorial. (...) This tutorial was more or less meant to be an example on how you can review a part (basically the way I do it, since that's what I know). I (...) (18 years ago, 18-Jul-06, to lugnet.cad, FTX)

  Re: Tutorial on reviewing parts

(...) Sorry about that, I didn't mean to imply that you did. I just thought that list might be useful for beginners. (18 years ago, 18-Jul-06, to lugnet.cad, FTX)

  Re: Tutorial on reviewing parts

(...) You may be able to install the Omega drivers on your laptop. They're tweaks of the official ATI drivers, and claim to allow installation on all supported ATI chipsets, not just the "Built by ATI" desktop chips. The Radeon 9x00 chips are on the (...) (18 years ago, 18-Jul-06, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Tutorial on reviewing parts

(...) Non coplanar quads can also be caused by an error in one of the coordinates. Please check the coordinates first before splitting the quad into triangles! Niels Karsdorp (18 years ago, 19-Jul-06, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Tutorial on reviewing parts

(...) If you (started as a reviewer on a part) start to do the edit of a part yourself because of inactive authors, your function changes from part reviewer into parts author. So how to fix those errors apply to authors, not to reviewers. Reviewers (...) (18 years ago, 19-Jul-06, to lugnet.cad, FTX)

  Re: Tutorial on reviewing parts

(...) np (18 years ago, 28-Jul-06, to lugnet.cad, FTX)

  Re: Tutorial on reviewing parts

(...) You did mail it to me: I'd really like to include it, but it seem a bit too sketchy imo: I've mailed it back to you with some suggestions 2 times, but I guess your spamfilter ate it or someting... I'll try to find it on my desktop when I turn (...) (18 years ago, 28-Jul-06, to lugnet.cad, FTX)