 CAD / 13930
Re: Tutorial on reviewing parts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Mon, 17 Jul 2006 14:01:03 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Niels Bugge wrote:
So, I made this tutorial about being a reviewer and review parts in the Parts
Tracker:

you won't believe it but I just learnt a few new things.

2) Check for BFC problems and gaps via L3Lab (mark them via MLCAD and fix them via LDDP)

no marking needed:

* open the part in LDDP
* select "Process > External programs > Polling > Poll to L3Lab & LDView" (but
it's faster via the icon in the toolbar)
* select "Process > External programs > Polling > Poll to selected line only"
(but it's faster via the icon in the toolbar)
* select "Process > External programs > Polling > Poll every 1 sec" (but it's
faster via the icon in the toolbar)
* launch L3Lab selecting " the toolbar "Process > External programs > L3Lab"
(but it's ...) you an also launch LDView if your video card supports LDView's
BFCing correctly.
* select "Test > mytest6" in L3Lab
* arrange LDDP and L3Lab windows to see them properly
* place cursor in first line in LDDP
* move down with the arrow key. L3Lab will draw just to this line
* in case you encounter a red triangle, quad select "tools > Reverse Winding"
(but its faster via ...) actually the fastest way is just using the undocumented
F12-key and the arrow-down-key

non coplanar quads ... can be particularly nasty to get rid of

LDView checks for this errors and offers you a possible split into triangles. be
aware: when you copy the error to the clipboard LDView will round the figures.
as far as I know travis is working on this.

(for instance if you find a part that has had a hold vote for a very long time without anyone reacting).

we have a new policy for held files:

http://news.lugnet.com/cad/?n=13886

bye, w.