 CAD / 12566
Re: Trouble creating building instructions using lpub and mpd file
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.mlcad
Date:
Fri, 8 Apr 2005 12:19:55 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Allan Bedford wrote:

snip

Anyway, glad to hear it’s fixable.

snip

”You are attempting to open a file that contains spaces in the name. Please rename the file, without spaces, and try opening the file again.“

At the moment the biggest problem (as I see it) is the lack of error handling when lpub tries to handle a file with spaces.

snip

   I hope that helps. Again, this is just my own opinion on the matter.

Allan,

Your opinions are valued. Thanks. I decided to take the pragmatic way out, and adjust my parsing to support file names with blanks.

I think that warnings will lead to just as many emails as the current situation (not a lot, but still.... ;^). The content will change to “MLCad handles this. Why not LPub?”. Rather than spout statements from the spec, I’d rather the issue just go away.

So you get blanks in file names! Yay!

Kevin